This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When should I call if I dont hear or receive an email from interview?

I had an interview Tuesday afternoon. I sent a thank you follow up email later in the day (hoping they received it!). I was so nervous at the time, but I'm pretty sure she said she would call by Thursday (today) or Friday (tomorrow) I think if I got the job. She didnt mention it, so I asked will I find out either way? I thought she said something about an email from HR (if I dont get the job? or maybe either way) I have been dreading opening up my email to see I didnt get the job...checked it a few times today, but nothing. So if I dont hear from her or receive an email by a certain time tomorrow should I call? I really dont want to wait all the way to Monday. What time do you think I should call tomorrow if I dont hear from them? They open at 730am and close at 5pm. I was thinking maybe 1pm ish?THANKS....I HOPE I WONT GET DISSAPOINTED. The job ad is still up, I dont know if that means anything. She said she had about 12 candidates (assuming she interviewed some already...if she would let me know by Thurs/Fri?

Re: When should I call if I dont hear or receive an email from interview?

Hi there, You should keep applying for other jobs and don't get your hopes up on just one job. You got to keep on, and keep on applying. Sooner or later you're going to land that job. Just don't give up. Good luck to you in your journey.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

I know this just seemed like something I wanted, (close to home which would be good for me)...I mean I dont see many other jobs out there ( or that would work for me)there either too far or even jobs for unit clerks usually are for employees that already work there etc. Im trying to stay positive...still waiting to hear back. I didnt hear anything good or bad yet. I know I need something asap. If I dont get it Im afraid it would be because of my college...and I dont know if that would be any different for any other job. What time should I contact them though (today?) if I dont hear anything?

So, I ended up calling the human resources department at the affiliated hospital (now thinking that I should of just called the manager who interviewed me where I interviewed). Anyways they sent her an email/or contacted her. I guess noone received the position yet, and she is still interviewing. I just sent the manager a few hours ago (before they called me back from the HR department) a follow up email thanking her again, stating my interest in the position, and that she said she might know something by today...and if she could please update me on the status of the position at her earliest convenience. So I hope the interviewing will be done soon...the HR woman told me she honestly does not know when it will be. Should I follow up sometime next week (with the actual manager)? Thanks for your advice

Hi there, You should not keep bothering these people. They will get with you in due time. As you said they have other people to interview. You should keep applying for other jobs, and it's good to aim high...but keep it real. Whatever job you wind up getting keep it and when you have been with them for a year or two. Then go out and apply for another position. You should also decide what area of Medicine you want to practice in, and make that your goal. Learn all you can about the area you want to work in. Good luck.

Are You Working? Yes.

Well I heard you are supossed to send a follow up email or call, especially if they give you a date. I was told Thursday or Friday, so I sent an email Friday later in the afternoon. I will give them a few days next week, but hope to hear something soon . Do you know if an email is sent right away to candidates they do not want, or do they wait to all the interviewing is done?

Hi there, I would give about 10-12 days before you send them an email or calling them. Like I said in the last email I sent to you...don't keep bugging them, if they are interested in you they will call or email. I'm not trying steer you the wrong way, but you should keep applying for other jobs, and go to any interview that might come your way. Prepare a list of questions you may have for the interviewer and do your research about the company before your interview...this way you will have an idea of what they are looking for, and what they look for in a Medical Assistant. And finally dress like a professional. Good luck in your journey.

Are You Working? Yes.

I agree with Matt, if the interviewer has stated that they will contact you within a certain amount of time and they haven't contacted you; you should initiate a call to express that you are still interested in the position. I believe recruiters interview so many applicants that sometimes some you might fall by the wayside. I feel one of the best ways to distinguish yourself is try to obtain multiple certifications in your scope of practice; it shows potential employers that you have taken the time to educate yourself and therefore be a more valuable employee. Good luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, RPT, NCET

Are You Working? Yes

GB,

Yes I did send them a thank you email last Tuesday after interviewing, and a nice follow up email Friday after not hearing anything (since the interviewer/office manager mentioned might knowing something by last Thurs. or Friday). I hope interviewing ends soon..(I assumed since she mentioned 12 candidates and said she might know by Thurs or Friday that she interviewed some of them already. Well hoping to hear something in the next few days (If not when should I call them?) I havent heard anything good or bad yet. Do you know if they typically send you an email right away if there definitely not interested in you, or do they wait until all the interviewing is done? By the way, I recently passed the CMA exam. Thanks.

Congratulations on passing your CMA. Frankly, you should assume that they have selected another candidate for the position if you do not hear a response from the recruiter 7-10 days from the last conversation or email. It is a diffcult tightrope to walk because you want to show interest but not appear too aggressive. It's best to have a neutral perspective when job searching; it can be frustrating and arduous experience. Being balanced is helpful in dealing with the highs and lows of job hunting. Setting up several interviews will help in that regard; you should put as many coals in the fire as you can because one of them will get hot and help you land a satisfying position. Good luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, RPT, CNET (AMT) (NCCT)

Are You Working? Yes

Well I am continuing on in my job search. Waiting to hear back from a few nearby places that posted on Craigslist. They didnt have much contact info listed so its hard to get a hold of them or go there, so Im hoping they got my messages since I was having a problem with my email last week. One was for Dental Assistant (it said willing to train)..I asked in the email if there looking for someone who went to school for that or someone who has entry level medical experience. I'm also thankful that my dad suggested and is going to pay for an ad to be put in our local penny saver this weekend. Im hoping to get some phone calls from that. I feel bad but I dont have the money myself. ANYWAYS the manager from the place I INTERVIEWED AT FINALLY CONTACTED ME! This was trhe first time I heard from her since interviewing Feb 15! She said "Due to unforseen circumstances I have not completed the interview process.
When I have I will make HR aware of my decision.
I apologize for the delay.
Thank you," So not sure what other of my messages/voicemail she ever got from me (last week I was told she was having problems with her voicemail). I just wish she would of gave me a little more info/not exactly sure what she means. Do you think I still have a chance of being hired? Do you think she would of told me no otherwise? Well just thought I tell yous that she actually wrote to me.

Hi there, I would call the HR Department and see when they would setting up interview times and dates. In general when they call you back for a second interview it means they want you to meet with a few members of their staff, and they will ask you questions pertaining to the job, and they will also ask what you would do in a certain situation, and how would you go about it. They will ask if you have any questions for them, this is the perfect time to have a list prepared with questions for them. Do not ask a lot of questions. Only ask questions that pertain to the job. For they have a schedule as well and they will other people they need to interview...this is known as the weeding out process. Remember don't keep bothering the Manager or the HR Dept. They will call you if you're the one they are looking for. Good luck in your journey.

Are You Working? Yes.