This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions on the CMA exam

Hi, I am taking my CMA exam on Wednesday and I have gone over the practice exams on the AAMA website. Are many of those questions on the practice exam the same as on the actual exam?

Thank you for your help!

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Questions on the CMA exam

I think you are referring to the med term and anatomy and physiology right? Well they might not be the exact questions, but similiar. Also know positions such as lithotomy, anterior posterior etc. Know about mail,types of medications. Med term is important! I passed and studied hard, but still there were some that you just have to take your best guess!

Thank you! Was the entire test multiple choice? Do I need to have the 50 most commonly used medications memorized or just be familiar with them? Thank you for your help! :) I think I'm pretty well prepared, but I'm starting to freak myself out!

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

I have taken the medical exam twice and didnt pass. I really need to know what helped you pass the exam . Did you have a study group or studied by yourself? I keep missing it by 2 points.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no