This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What study methods/routines have helped you pass the exam?

I'm scheduled to take my exam in April and am already having test anxiety. I feel like I don't know how to study for this exam although the outline is right in front of my face.

What has helped you retain all this information? Any tips are welcomed...I've searched the internet for study tips and note taking strategies but my anxiety won't allow me to understand it. Sigh...

Re: What study methods/routines have helped you pass the exam?

I just passed my CMA today. What I did was take my cd's that came with my textbooks and did all of the practice tests over and over again till my I felt comfortable. Also there were several questions about admin duties (like types of mail and business letter format), as well as a few questions about HIPAA, so make sure you study that as well. The test wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I stressed myself out over it. My best advice would be for you to study a little bit every night so that you don't forget everything and don't worry too much! Good Luck!

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Thanks for the advice! I just feel so lost because I graduated in April 2010 and im just barely about to take the exam. I regret waiting this long...I basically have to relearn this information and have a month (or two) to do it.

I waited 5 months to take the exam and I had forgotten a ton of things, especially the terminology.

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

I'm in the same boat. I just recently started getting serious about studying. I have alot to cover.