This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medical Assistant Program

Hi all,

I am starting the MA program this coming fall. I will be attending a Community College. I need to know how time consuming this program is, as I intend to work and go to school. Will I be able to work full-time or part-time? I am married w/ two school-age children and need to know what to expect in order to enroll them in the after-school program or not. How much study-time do I need per week. I will be doing this program in two semesters. I appreciate anyone that can help me!!

Thank you!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Medical Assistant Program

Hi Melissa,

In my case I went through an 18 month program, so it sounds like a 2 semester program might be fairly intense. How many classes are you taking each semester? A lot of women in my program had small children and jobs and although it was stressful, they were able to do it. Sorry I can't provide more help, hopefully someone who has been through a short-term program will be able to provide better advice. Good luck! :)

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Medical Assistant Program

Thanks Heather!! I run a daycare out of my home, so I am considering sticking with that for the next year while in school. I will have a few hours each day while the baby is napping to concentrate on school work. Any advice on the AAMA certification exam? I know I have a long way out to think about this :)
Melissa

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes