This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
studying for m.a certification

I graduated from medical assisting school back in 2006. I am now barely going to take the certification test. I have been in the field since and have obtained much experience and also going to school for a degree in nursing. Fortunately I have never had trouble looking for a job as a m.a. but figured it was something I had to get out of the way now. But I am a bit nervous that I have forgotten some things that I havn't worked with( surgical instruments, anatomical planes and positions, to name a few)Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be studying for specifically? What does the test cover more of? Any help would be great. thanks!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: m.a

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: studying for m.a certification

Depends on who you certify with but if you check the AAMA (CMA) website you'll find a study guide that will hopefully give you some direction in what you should brush up on.