This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just received call from place I sent reume to

So, were getting ready to go out for my moms birthday, and someone called for me. I have been looking at all these jobs and sending out resumes I did not know who it was at first. The guy was from the surgical centers of WNY...and said that I was thinking about posting an ad, and I just happened to get your resume. Then was like do you prefer medical assisting or medical secretarial. Asked about computer experience (through school or externship). I mean we werent allowed to touch the computers at our externship...and in school the classes really didnt show us much. I just spit out that I took an insurance and reimbursement class, med term, med transcription, and that I passed the CMA exam. He said that he will probably be doing phone interviews for the next few weeks and that he would keep me in mind. He sort of caught me off guard...well see what happens. He also asked if I had my own transportation (which I dont exactly persay), but I said yes...I mean I would be able to get a ride until I can afford a car...on the resume I said I was interested in the certain location..so I mean I dont think I would have to travel to the other locations. Just some thoughts...