This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How should I address this matter?

I appreciate your advice, but I do not think you understand the situation I am in. Yes I have worked alot and hard in my young life...nothing was ever just handed to me, and I was actually looked up to at my last job. I put myself through school starting at 17 etc. Yes I like the attitude that I can do stuff for myself, but with this situation I cant just snap my fingers and think it will just take care of itself. I have already looked into the bus etc. and there is NO way that would work. If I can get a ride for at least a little while it would have to be somewhere not too far. Well I do not put that on all my coverletters...and it was already sent, so if they didnt want someone who was interested in this particular office then why would they contact me? I know you said not to tell them this, but if I do how should I go about it? I really want to get my foot in the door somewhere, and am willing to work hard when I do...

Hi there, When you were told that the interview would take place at one of their other clinics within their network, that's normal for that to happen that way. It would be normal for you to float to those other clinics. Their employees do get sick from time to time, and they do take vacations as well. If you decide to tell a Doctor or Office Manager of one of these other clinics that you can't make it to their clinic because of some unknown reason then will look for someone that is more flexible. You say you're a professional, well than act like it!!! There is a saying; " Where there is a will, there's a way." I hoped that helped.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

Hi there, I do know where you are coming from. I have over 28 years in Medicine. If all else fails...there is always the Military, and with them you can expand Medical experience...maybe become a Nurse, or a Doctor. Take and good luck in your journey.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.