This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Associates degree or diploma for MA

Is it better to have an associates degree in medical assisting or is a diploma just as good? I am looking into two different schools and I'm unsure whether the associates is worth the extra money. Thanks for your help.

Are You Still In School? Not yet

Are You Working? No

Re: Associates degree or diploma for MA

I earned an Associates Degree; however, in some cases the credits won't transfer to another school. If you plan on furthering your education do your research! Many technical college program credits do not transfer; and I've been told that training programs offered through hospitals do not provide transferable credits.

I liked the option of going for a BA in a more specialized field so I chose an Associate's program.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,CBCS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Associates degree or diploma for MA

As an Office Manager, I would high an Associates Degree candidate over the diploma candidate UNLESS money was the key factor in whom I hire.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Office Manager

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? Yes