This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLease READ Possibly serious situation!?

I no this is a possibly serious matter so I will not give any exact details. I saw an ad online for a local dental receptionist position. Im in the process of waiting to see when my interview will be. However, Im not 100% if its the same guy or not, but I heard the dentist there a few years back had a reputation. My moms boyfriend is going to ask someone who may know if it is the same guy or not. Where do I look to see if he had any complaints/lawsuits filed against him (possibly from former employees)? I looked on bbb and couldnt find much. I saw some reviews on other sites, a few good, but some bad. Where do I go to find this out before I possibly interview there? I mean I really need a job but this is scary/creepy.

Re: PLease READ Possibly serious situation!?

In Oregon we have the state board of medical examiners. I did a search and found:

New York State Board for Medicine (Licensure)
Cultural Education Center, Room 3023
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12230
(518) 474-3841
www.op.nysed.gov

New York State Board for Professional Medical Conduct
New York State Dept. of Health
Office of Professional Medical Conduct
433 River St., Suite 303
Troy, NY 12180
(518) 402-0855
www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/opmc/main.htm

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Re: PLease READ Possibly serious situation!?

Hi there, It wouldn't be worth the time going to this interview. There are many other jobs out there. You might want to think of going into the military.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.