This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Preparing to prepare for the CMA (AAMA) Certification Exam

I'm just beginning to get all of my stuff together and go on the AAMA website to register and plan a date to take my exam. I'm about 2 months from graduation at a technical school. I'm wondering...
-What I should study for/with
-Is there a book or disk that the AAMA provides to help future test takers study
-Any other preparations I should be advised of?

Thank you!

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Preparing to prepare for the CMA (AAMA) Certification Exam

Hi! I passed my CMA exam on March 12th., so I feel your pain! Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I took the exam through the AAMA. They do have practice exams; it should pop up under the CMA-AAMA Exam tab, drop down box select prepare for exam. You can save these to your hard drive and print, plus you can take multiple times.

I was terrified of failing, even though I had a 4.0 GPA throughout the program. I took the test about 2 weeks after completing my externship. Dr. Mac, an excellent instructor, suggested that you take it during your externship if possible, a week or so into it.

Relax, take a deep breath, the information is in your brain. Get the basics down pat--the test didn't go into deep detail but it did hit on all of the basics. Review your practice exam, go back and re-review what you're rusty on, bone up on HIPAA, Law & Ethics, & the psychological stuff.

I'll be rooting for you!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,CBCS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes