This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Read: ST. AUGUSTINE SCHOOL OF MEDICAL ASSISTANTS Rip-Off Complaints

Those who are as little as just thinking about giving their program a try are HIGHLY encouraged to look up St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants rating on the Better Business Bureau Website. It pays to take the time to do so. There also have been complaints filed with the Rip-Off Reports website, an online service by consumers for consumers.

One person, who posted her complaint under the name Hobby of Oakland, Michigan writes:

"I signed up with this school thinking that I can start a new career in the health field, but I found that the school is a total failure.... I tried to email them for some information and they didn't answer. Then I send them a letter through the mail and the letter came back saying the company moved. Then I send a letter to the BBB so they can send the school a letter, so I can get my money back, but the BBB got nowhere." Source: http://www.ripoffreport.com/trade-schools/st-augustine-educati/st-augustine-education-servic-8892a.htm

Rachelle, who calls herself a victim of St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants writes:
"Due to an online search, I found this company as a "certified" online organization that offered a "certification" program for Nursing Assistant... There are several non-satisfactory reports from consumers already, and there is no legitimate address for these services-despite the address that is given on their online website (which has apparently changed three times already). This company is ripping people off around the country. I have been one of those victims." Source: http://www.ripoffreport.com/corrupt-companies/st-augustine-educati/st-augustine-educational-serv-6yb7f.htm

Mike, in his complaint about St. Augustine Educational Services writes:
"Even when you complete all coursework and final exam you aren't certified. You can't get a job after going here, you still have to find your own internship and do your own clinicals. You might have the knowledge, but you're not certified. It sounds too good to be true, and it is. Stick with going to school." Source: http://www.ripoffreport.com/medical-personnel/st-augustine-educati/st-augustine-educational-serv-c76qb.htm

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: Read: ST. AUGUSTINE SCHOOL OF MEDICAL ASSISTANTS Rip-Off Complaints

Re: St. Augustine Medical Assistant Online School.

St. Augustine Educational Services is one example where awareness pays off before signing up for their medical assistant program. St. Augustine Educational Services on the Internet AKA St. Augustine Medical Assistant School (St Augustine medical assistant - Search) is advertised on the Internet as an accredited medical assistant online school. Cost: $645 -- Non-refundable! Their web site is located at medassistant.org and medicalassistant.us along with a number of other sister sites and a blog.

As seen on St. Augustine's home page:
"An Accredited, Convenient and Affordable Online Distance Education Program. You can now study online to earn an accredited Medical Assistant Certificate in just 6-8 weeks!"

The US Department of Education has recently posted clear and explicit warnings against schools that make exactly these kind of promises!

READ:
http://www.ed.gov/students/prep/college/diplomamills/diploma-mills.html#fake

They also warn about deception by using fake accrediting agencies. St. Augustine Medical Assistant School, for example, states that the schools is accredited by an organization called “The National Certification Board”.

The National Certificatin Board's web site is at acertification.org where for a one-time-fee of just $200 anyone can buy accreditation for alternative health programs, colleges and graduates. By the way, they are based in Owensboro, Kentucky.

Armed with this information, you will be the judge whether St. Augustine Medical Assistant School online is for you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin