This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OB/GYN Is it weird, allowed?

So, Im waiting to possibly get an interview at maybe a podiatrists office or ob/gyn. Since I have not had any luck so far...I recently sent my resume to my own GYN'S office. Do women ever work at their own gynecologists office and is it weird or even allowed? I missed their call Friday but have to call them back in like 20 minutes. I havent been there since like last June. Is this fine, do I even mention it? Thanks.

Re: OB/GYN Is it weird, allowed?

Hi there, Yes it's common to have an office visit with the Doctor that you work for. It's much easier to make an appointment with the Doctor you work for instead a part or even the whole day off to go to some other Doctor, and no it wouldn't be odd, only if you let it be. You will find a job soon...just keep applying.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

Should I bring it up at all that Im a patient of theirs/and when..how?

cmm4ever
Should I bring it up at all that Im a patient of theirs/and when..how?

LOL! only if you paid your bill on time.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep