This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
40 injections during training?

Hi. I'm in a Clinical Medical Assisting course and it seems we have to give each other 40 injections as part of the study. It seems weird to me so I just wanna ask is that normal for a Medical Assisting class? Thanks.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: SMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: 40 injections during training?

It depends solely on your school and/or your instructor. Their faculty, I am sure, goes by their specific standards. The repeated practice migh just be their way of making sure you don't only know the (many!) techniques, but also solidify the skill and become confident. Let me ask you: Why not???

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

When I took that class. The instructor said, "if you leave here with less than 4 band-aids a day you are not getting your required class time in."

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Oops!

I forgot to do the math. 4/class, 1 class/week, 10 weeks = 40 inj. Really not that many when you divide it by IM, Sub Q. and ID.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Thanks Jefff, for doing the math... It almost went over my head that once you add it up it does add up to quite some "sticks". Great post. Thanks.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Are You Working? REGARDING JOB ADS POSTED