This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Posted b4 but any input about nursing assistant interview this Wed.?? Thanks :)

I agree with the practice part. I meean the only way I would be able to get practice with ekg's would be in a office. The thing is that one office made it sound like you had to know ekg's and vitals signs very well. I dont know if it would be inappropriate to call them up and say I know that your ad says this...explain my situation and tell them Im willing to learn? Like I said Im not sure if they read the coverletter. Im still hoping to hear from the hospital soon though. Even if nursing assisting is not what I went to school for, I figured I would use some skills that I have..also I could always bid for another or even medical assistant position in the same system. Thats why I would be hesistant to turn that job down. Do you know when someone offers you the job, do you accept right away or is it customary for them to give you a time period to let them know? Im going to try my best to find out about the hospital before the interview Tuesday so I know what to do.

Re: Posted b4 but any input about nursing assistant interview this Wed.?? Thanks :)

Hi there, I would suggest that you go with the flow. Yes you are out practice...but it's like riding a bike for the first time. You fall down a few times and get right back on, and before you know it wow you're riding your bike, its the same with the skills you learned in school. I know you're going to say that you didn't get to do this or do that in the school you went to...that does not matter, its water under the bridge. You are here in the present; take what you learned in the past and make it better. On the part of which job you should take. Take the first that's offered to you. If you have to think about it then its not the one for you. In order to gain experience you must take what ever comes your way, and in time if you still want a different job, than go for it. You will have experience under your belt by then. Remember when patient good things will come your way. Heavenly Father knows your needs and he will guide you, if you let him. Take care. Matt

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.