This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need advice about possible job offers..confused bad timing!? New twist!!!

Good evening, I have told you this in many past postings on here, you need to have more faith in yourself. You have learned all these things already!!! When you're done with your interview next week go down to that clinic and give them your resume in person. I'm going to tell you one thing and I hope you understand, but it's for your own good! "Quit your whining and man up". You got a computer, and you got your school books and notes. Go now and review them. You lack confidence in yourself, and you're scared, and that's quite all right everybody goes through it. You know can do it. If you show these people that you lack confidence in yourself and your skills it will show, and they will pass you up for the next person. Do you want that "Hell no". With a can do attitude and the willingness to learn as you go...you will get that job. You are a force of one.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

Yes I understand. I always tell them I am willing to learn. Im just not going to completely mislead them if I really think I need more practice in an area. Sadly, I really didnt learn all that I wanted especially hands on skills at school...I mean that sucks. What is your advice about if I fax my resume out Monday to the Pediatric place(not sure how to word it) and tell them I need to know asap if they are interesting in interviewing me becasue I am expecting to hear back very soon about possible job offers/actual job offers if the hospital gets back to me first? Also if the hospital does offer me the job what would you do? I was just wondering because Im not familiar with how the procedures go (like if they offer me the job if they usually offer you time to accept it or not). Thanks again.

Hi there, I would not fax your resume to that peds office and not ask them anything. It would be better to take your resume down in person and ask to speak with the office manager, and dress professionally, and be professional. Don't seem desperate...they will see through it and they will see right through you. You should not tell people that you lack certain skills. Yesterday I told you that you have these skills and you should practice, practice, practice...Don't tell me there is nobody to practice on. As I told you what happened to you in the past, is just that the past. Be honest with yourself, and there are videos on you tube that you can watch over and over again. These are great tools. Here is something you might not know! A lot of the clinics use automatic B/P cuffs, which check your B/P, Pulse, Sat's. This cuts down on time for a lot of clinics. This does not replace taking your B/P manually which is how I still do it. Young lady: If you don't do your passion it can destroy you. I see great things in you, and so should you. It's inside you...now wake it up, and tell yourself that you are in control. Happy Easter.

Are You Working? Yes.

Great post! Couldn't have said it ANY better. Happy Easter to you also. Nice to see you care so much.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

If I go to speak with the office manager, I wonder if they might interview me right then and there. I would have to wear my "interview outfit/suit". What if the hiring manager isnt there or isnt available? What should I say to him/her? Could I ask when do they plan on interviewing? How do I mention that I am interested in interviewing really soon because I am waiting to hear back from other possible job offers very soon? What if worse comes to worse and I have to fax it? Thanks and Happy Easter!

Hi there, Yes wear your very best! If the manager isn't there or is not available, see if you can make an appointment to visit with him/her. Don't pressure the front desk person. Have a bunch of resumes made up and deliver them to all the clinics in that building, and all around that whole area, that way you didn't waste your time. It's a full time job looking for a job. The more ground work you do the more people will notice you and this can many doors for you. You might want to update your resume, and have a professional look at it. Remember the more you put into it chances are you will wind up with a god job. Young lady...prayer helps a lot to. Have a good day. Matt

Are You Working? Yes.