This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EKG'S ?

So its late and im still unsure if I want to go to this cardiology interview tomorrow. Well I know in the ad it said must have exceptional ekg and vital sign skills !!! I know the basics but have never done an ekg. Any tips of what they might ask or the few things I should know that maybe I havent thought of? I started looking at my review book ...really didnt thinK I was going to follow through with this interview, but now Im thinking about it..so Im trying to prepare. On top of preparing for the usual questions...Im trying to think of stuff about ekg's. Thanks for any and all help! Interview is supposed to be at 1pm tomorrow.

Re: EKG'S ?

Stuff to remember, gown open to the front, 5th intercostal space, leave the leads (or at least the stickys) on until a provider has reviewed the test.
Our providers also like a 2 page rhythm strip, kind of clinic policy.

The machines I have seen all are pretty self-explanatory, enter patient info and push start or run test.

Do not shave me PLEASE!! Yes I have a little hair on my chest, please just part it and rely on the sticky unless you can not get the machine to work without shaving. It will save you time and me pain. I have yet to find anyone who was so fuzzy that they needed a shave.

Good luck, think positive, trust in your training and remain positive.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep