This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Got the nursing assistant job!?

Ugh other people are saying that an MA in a hospital should be more like a tech or a nurse like position and not na. At least at the hospital that I interviewed at I didnt see that they hire any techs/MA'S that I know of. They pretty much said that its less pay (well I know someone who just got hired as an MA at a peds office who is getting $12hr. and the hospital offered me 11.65hr). I applied to a furhter away hospital (CMA) but their having a job freeze I believe, but the pay is up there I believe. Its just frustrating. They also were saying that I may only be doing vitals if that..idk if thats true. ****ed if I do, ****ed if I dont?!

Hi there, You got the job, right!!! Don't worry about those other MA's are saying. They're just complaining because they have nothing better to do. I know you'll do well no matter where go. Like I said the other day, take this job you'll need it...for it will teach you more than what you learned in school. Anyway I hope you have a good day. Good luck with your new job, Matt...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Thanks...its nice to be encouraged instead of discouraged by others! Ill be happy it it works out in the long run and I get to learn and use my skills. Thanks again...I will keep yous posted.

Hi there, I know you're going to do good. I can only say is stay focused on what you're doing, and in the future the job you seek will come to you. In the mean time learn all you can, and never lose your passion for Medicine. Good luck, Matt...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

Hello, I know I'm a bit late on this reply to yours. I felt compelled to answer your fears about your new position at a hospital. I think I can help calm the fears down a bit and shed some insight into working at a hospital. I currently work at a peds hospital. Let me tell you one thing, it was the BEST move I ever made. It was a goal once I finished MA school. Like many that answered your posts in the past, you will learn so much more at a hospital and see much more then any doctors office. The hospital that I work at is also a teaching one. The opportunities are endless. Even though you feel slighted on your hourly pay, believe me when I tell you this, you have excellent job security at a hospital and a pay raise pretty much each year. It might be more demanding then a doctors office, but the sense of accomplishment and importantly, a key member of a team is so enriching. Its like the ol' saying, "Its what you make of it, is what you will get out of it". Embrace this opportunity to the fullest and advance your career with each and every opportunity that presents itself. Best of luck to you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NDX Tech

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes