This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
painful externship, please help!

I have just started my externship and the girl who is training me really isn't. All I do is file charts and answer phone most of the time. She is friends will the office manager so I don't want to make waves. It is really taking a toll on me, I cry all the time when I get home. I am so easy to get along with and always try to stay buzy but its seems as if shes afraid I want her job. I don't want to start somewhere else so I am trying my hardest to stick it out but it is so depressing!! Why do some people have to be so mean!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am a strong person but when you are doing your externship you really can't say much.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: painful externship, please help!

I,Think you should talk to your externship coordinator and let them know what is going on. Maybe they will have a good suggestion or advice.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

I thought about that but was going to try and see how the next couple days go, I have such a headache from crying the more I think about it. I am normally not this sensitive but this externship means alot to mean and I really need to finish. :(

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Medical Assistant
I,Think you should talk to your externship coordinator and let them know what is going on. Maybe they will have a good suggestion or advice.
Good advice.

What a poopity deal. Some folks are bound to have a crappy experience at an externship. I had a classmate who did, she gritted her teeth and made it through. She is doing great now.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep