This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I PASSED THE CMA EXAM TODAY!!

wifeandmommy0609
Congrats. how long after you finished school did you take the test to get cert?

I wasn't even planning to take it until I realized how hard it was to land a job. I graduated in April of 2010 and just passed the exam a few days ago.

I regretted not taking the exam sooner. I felt like I forgot almost everything I had learned in school so I had to study even harder to re-learn everything.

Woohoo!! Congratultions!! All the best to you on your journey!! Take care. :)

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Hello i've been reading post on the medical assistant exam and i just finished school but have been working in the medical field for over 10 yrs now and i work in a hosp . My exam is this saturday and i'm abit nervous so i was just wondering if there is anyone out there that could fill me in on the exam and what kinda Q are on it . Is there alot about the heart ? Please reply soon as sat is around the corner . Been studying my butt off already .
Thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I PASSED MY EXAM !!!!!!!!! Lot of phlebotomy & EKG also Patient rights , Hippa Law . Its was easier then my Phlebotomy exam . Glad it's all done !

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

That is AWESOME!!!! Big congratulations. No denying you sound excited and relieved. So good to hear that someone FINALLY says it was easy(er) than expected, but you are right, many underestimate the complexity of phlebotomy and the phlebotomist exam. There is a LOT more than what meets the eye going on in phlebotomy. There is no such thing as "what is a little blood draw?". So, back to the exam... you are confirming what we have been posting all along, quite a bit on EKC/ECG and HIPAA law. In the past we also were told that there is an insane amount of medical coding (billing) included, where you have to pick the right matching CPT codes (we have frowned upon this quite a bit as we, as medical assistants, know that a.) not even medical coders code strictly from memory, and b.) medical coding is actually a very minuscule part of the medical assistant's responsibility. Apparently the certification sponsors don't know that). In reading your previous post, it seems safe to say your "studying your butt off" paid off. Ugh! All done. Which certification did you take? Oh, I see, the CMA!!! Kudos

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

I'm Scared and have been studying ,

I graduated in 2007 and every time I sign up to take the test, something has always come up that I couldn't take it.. I now have to take it Dec 30th,, I have been studying,, but, now I'm afraid I haven't been studing the right material.. I noticed that the post said that a lot of the test was ekc and ecg.. and HIPAA law,, and coding forget that.. what about medical terminology,,??
I am taking the test in florida.. Are they all standard tests? Any help would be much appreciated... just email me PLEASE!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: I'm Scared and have been studying ,

I passed!!!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No