This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What do I do?

I understand that I should just shut up and work. What do I do about the rusted instruments and them complaining to me about them losing money.

Before this I had only my externship for experience which I loved because I only dealt with patients and no administrative work. Please understand I am not trying to complain I just want to hear an opinion from a professional what I should do.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Puzzled
I have begun working at a clinic, they call me nurse, I am not a nurse. I am a CMA certified by the NHA. Some of their instruments are rusted and the doctor does get angry alot. I am confused about administrative duties because I was not taught that in school and must learn it on the job, but their office is completely unorganized and they say they are losing alot of money because insurance isn't paying..Have got myself into a difficult situation are is this fixable, I don't want to have to look for another job after three months of looking. what do I do?

The way I see it, you have the opportunity to voice out some concerns and actually implement some ideas to get the practice back up to normal operating standards.

If the instruments are rusted, explain to them how important it is for these to be replaced as it can cause all sorts of infections if allowed to penetrate the skin.

Administrative duties, I admit, are more difficult to understand, but try not to see it as "administrative duties" as a whole. Learn to accomplish single duties at a time. Understanding different types of insurances, on the other hand, will take time as there are so many types with their own guidelines and blah blah blah.

Use this opportunity to make a difference in the office. If you can achieve this, it'd be one hell of a thing to put on your resume to impress future employers. You probably would never have a problem finding another position within a medical office.

This is just my 2 cents.

Are You Working? yes

Opinion greatly appreciated. I will use your advice. Thank you.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes