This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why This Forum is So Important

I understand the frustration new graduates experience trying to find a new job. As someone aptly posted, "No experience...no job. No job...no experience."

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I was hired after looking for a job for 6 weeks. It's a practice I will stay with until I move to TN in 5-7 years. They have started me out at a more than fair salary for an entry level MA. My college got the job for me. I was registered with about 10 job finder sites and got nowhere. I'm not saying don't use them. Use every resource available.

It's so easy to feel discouraged. After a while, your self-esteem and self-confidence hits rock bottom. You wonder why did I do this in the first place and now I can't find a job and I have to pay back loans. It just seems endless after a while. I think this forum is so important for venting and knowing there are other people in the same situation. Plus it provides a wealth of information.

I'm not going to give you useless advice like, "Just keep at it, don't give up." You're already doing that and it's really just a matter of persistance.

Oh...did I mention I went back to school at 59 and graduated at 60? If an old "broad" can do this, so can you "youngsters."

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Why This Forum is So Important

Great post and there are other ma sites out there that will help you find work! Great post!!!

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Mitchel
Great post and there are other ma sites out there that will help you find work! Great post!!!

Ditto, great post! Yes, this forum is important and has remained so for years thanks to the people who visit and contribute in a professional manner. But let's not forget, while there are many medical assistant sites out there on the Web, most are modeled after Medicalasstant.net and Certmedassistant.com... knock offs to get their visitors to buy something or create leads. LOL. The above menitioned (of course) are the 1st and oldest sites for medical assistants on the Internet and yes, I am gloating and patting myself on the back, as well as those who have come here for a long, long time. Knock on wood & Kudos.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Sometimes extending the externships or finding volunteer work in clinics can help to land a job as well. Most occupations have the clause of "exp wanted" and this can be overcome via giving the "firm" or "clinic" free work intertwined with a positive and can do attitude.

It is tough but it does make sense to include the "keep trying attitude" as there simply is no other way!

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes