This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medical Assistants and Medication Errors

The office I work in runs a little different then most, I work for several different physicians at a time. We use paper charts as opposed to electronic because of the type of care we give. There is one physician in particular who's writing is illegable, whenever he writes out a Rx no matter what it is or whether I think I know what it is, ive always made sure i double check with him. It's gotten to the point where if he writes an Rx, when he hands me the chart he recites the Rx because he knows im going to ask what it is, the dosage the amount to dispense and how often the patient should take it. I appreciate him doing this for me as much as he appreciates my double checking for pt safety.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes