This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NHA

Hi,
NHA is pretty good. While they never truly achieved the vast reach of the AAMA (since AAMA focuses ONLY on Certified Medical Assistsant credentials) they offer different credentials in specialized areas, such as the clinical or administrative parts of medical assisting. They have annual continuing CEU programs and over all, are affordable, registration fee wise. What works in your favor is that they are recognized in your area. After all - landing a 1st job is the most important aspect and since employers recognize it, it seems like a good strategy.

By the way... please share which "only" respiratory professional membership organization do you speak of? That sounds very interesting and might be a good career move.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: NHA

the AARC American Association for Respiratory Care for CRT
Or National Board for Respiratory care as an RRT this one is the one my school is associated with .. Register Respiratory Therapist it is a 2 year program with an Associates Degree

it is an amazing career move i found out about it after i joined the MA program but i think it will benefit me to finish my MA course i will go in with knowledge.

pluse the MA CCMA certification along with an ekg and Phlebotomy certifications (which respiratory therapist do not do or deal with injections or phlebotomy) i think it will benefit me alot just having that extra knowledge.. they also start at around 40,000-50,000 depending the area but im so excited to start already

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA student

Are You Still In School? YES

Are You Working? NO