This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VERY discouraged

I graduated from job corps in Miami in April of this year. I received excellent recommendation letters and received national certification. I am having an extremely hard time finding work as a CMA in Florida. I absolutely LOVE working as an MA, being with people and helping them everyday gives me great pleasure. I would really love to land a job but without experience in the field other than my externship it seems no one will give me a chance. I am getting very discouraged at ever finding a job. I have sent out thousands of resumes to 4 different counties in FL and have only gotten one interview. Does anyone have any advice for me to land a good job as an MA? What can i do to make my chances even better? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: VERY discouraged

I know exactly how you feel. I was out even longer than you were (graduated in April of last year).

It's extremely hard to find a job, but what I would definitely recommend, other than recommendation letters which it sounds like you already have, is VOLUNTEERING....in multiple hospitals doing different things. That was my plan before I landed a job. It shows dedication and good character, not to mention you get experience in the field as well.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

.... and not only experience, as Jeeezy has pointed out so appropriately, but you also get to meet people who might know someone, a doctor, for example, who is looking for a medical assistant. You also get to know some doctors, and doctors often hire by recommendation! The medical community is very small. News travel fast! This also means, if there is a great medical assistant (or a bad medical assistant) the word gets around. So volunteering will also give you exposure and a foot in the door.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Thank you both so much! I will go and do some volunteering. it sounds fun. I love working with people I just hope I can find a job sooner rather than later lol. Have a great day guys!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no