This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why is it hard to find a job?

I've been a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant since 2008 and only had 1 interview and my certifications are up to date and I apply to every medical assistant position posting I see.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Ceritified Clinical Medical Assistant

Are You Working? No

Re: Why is it hard to find a job?

I know the feeling. I've been in the same position as you are. It is hard to find a job in this field and I've applied to every job posting I run across and I've interviewed with many. My problem is-how do anyone expect us to have more experience if no one is hiring us to get the exposure to the different aspects of the profession.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA/CNA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I'm going to take a guess and say, based on your screen names, that you are guys. Many of us have been excluded from the process of hiring simply because of this.

I got my first job after many interviews, and a lot of rejection, 3 months after school was over, in 2008. The doctor left the practice 3 months after I started, guess what that looks like on a resume . It took 11 long months for me to get another interview. The combination of hiring being tight, I'll say it *the economy sucks*, and my work experience looked horrible on a resume. I have now had a "temporary" on-call position for over a year and a half, temporary on-call has never been less than 40 hours a week unless I have asked for the time off. Bonus, they like me.

Don't give up, keep up your certifications, stay positive and trust in your training.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

I did great at my externship but they wasnt hiring and the only job I had was working for the Post Office but I was always apply for Medical Assistant jobs and have yet to get anything and I renew my certifications hoping and wishing I get job.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No