This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need to Interview a Medical Assistant - Please help!

Hello!

I am looking for a Medical Assistant that I can interview. I am currently enrolled in a Medical Assisting program at my cc. For an English course I have to write Memo about the career that I have chosen. One of the requirements is that I interview someone already in the field.

We can do this over email, I just really need some help asap!

Thanks in advance!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Need to Interview a Medical Assistant - Please help!

Go to a local Clinic and ask the office manager or facility administrator if they will set you up to interview an MA.

This will do several things for you. You can see for your self, make contacts and ask relevant questions about pay and compensation that will vary across areas. It will also give you a grasp on what real world wages are in your area and how difficult it is or is not to find MA jobs in the first place.

Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Jefff, that is excellent advice and a really good solution! In the distant past I've responded to some of these medical assistant interview requests per email or per forum myself. I received a list of 15 -20 questions, I filled them out and they were submitted back to the medical assistant student's instructor for grading. I know others here did the same from time to time, but then came a point where I thought this was such a redundant assignment, and I also felt that asking for an interview online was somehow defeating the purpose. Somewhere along the lines I even sharply criticised this kind of approach, and then, along the way, I even criticised the instructors for giving this assignment to their students and then I simply ignored the requests. Mind you, I am talking over over several years. Your suggestion nails it. I agree, that medical assistants who have to conduct an interview should go out and do it in person, on the job, with a real medical assistant. I am sure that's the idea behind this whole exercise. It teaches the student to go out of their comfort zone, communicate directly and experience the real world. Heck... it even might get them a foot in the door. Kudos for the excellent solution to something that has irked me quite a bit over the years.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

I actually tried this first. They were too busy or they could talk to me AFTER the assignment was due. I understand both reasons, as I am not paying for their time. I really wish I was given more time to do the assignment than what they gave me, in all it added up to a week. I do have another prospect, just waiting on her to return my call.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Hi there, I have to agree with Danni, and Jeff. There are lot's Doctors offices around and there are also Hospitals around. I wish good luck with your assignment.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes