This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMM4EVER

Hi there, What's going on with you? Are you still working? We miss hearing about your adventues. We hope all is okay with you! Take care...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: CMM4EVER

Hey...! Well I cant remember if I posted on here yet about this. I bid on a job anD just started working alone as a unit clerk part time days at a local hospital. Its still new so Im you know just taking the ride. I really feel however that I wish I had more admissions/discharge training. NOW...IM NOT EVEN close to being sure, but it just came across my mind about looking into the LPN program..maybe at same college maybe not. I really need more info, not exactly sure what LPN'S do/work,pay,or if there are jobs out there. Theres also a phlebotomy program but I know they dont take financial aid. I thought about it before but the money thing stopped me. I can try to find out if theres any financial help available. The program however is only offered at certain times. Im not even sure for the LPN program though when I would have to register for it. However, its the same program director/teacher as the ma lol. I hope she doesnt neglect this program to! I was at the college for 6 semesters..not sure If I would be able to get financial aid again and that is a MUST! I have 6 classes that count toward the LPN program..so I would need 6 more. I am still without my own vehicle and that worries me with clinicals...but I have to see what happens. What do you think? I know CRAZY! I cant believe Im even thinking about it at all....for all the stuff Ive been through! One more thing, Im just afraid college might interfere with my job..really cant quit..I mean worked before while in school..its just I have more permanent days I am scheduled each week.

Hi Christina, It's good to hear from you. I would just say hang in the.re. It gets better with time. It's great you want to into Nursing. Good luck with the direction you go for, just be the best you can be.

Are You Working? Yes

Thank you. I went to the college yesterday. I left a note for the director, because I couldnt get a hold of her..and she finally called me back. So, we are meeting the 18th to discuss LPN further. I just hope it all works out for the best..its just the waiting to see if I can get enough financial aid to pay for it ( the school is expensive),seeing if it can work with my job schedule (even if it does I know it will be hard)....,and waiting til about mid next month to see what the course schedule looks like. Hate the waiting game, but Im trying to get as much done as possible while I can now. I will keep yous posted.

Hi Christina, I would keep on working if I were you. I think you should get more experience with your job. I know you want to be a nurse, and that's great. With the job market the way it is, nurses have a hardtime finding jobs as well. Good luck with anything you do. You're a wonderful person, and God bless. Matt

Are You Working? Yes