This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Would like your input ASAPabout calling manager question

I work as an unit clerk at a hospital and have been at this position since the beginning of August (I was at the hospital a few months before this also). I seen a job posting put up on the website and applied for a position. Its a Chart Analyst position, full time in the Health Information department. Since I dont think going back to school is going to happen now,..I definitely would be happy to get the position. It was posted the 6th of October and I applied the 22nd (a few days after seeing the ad). Its still open to Associates only to apply which Im surprised. SOOOO would either of these be appropriate or good/bad ideas? I guess it might depend. First I was thinking of maybe handing in my resume to possibly the manager (I did apply online).OR: Today I had to go up to that department to bring up some patients charts. On my way out I saw someone at a help desk for that department. I asked her and she thinks they started interviewing. She gave me the managers name and number (assuming its the right person)and told me to call her to see if she got my resume. Now I dont know if I should call or even leave a message. What would I say? I am really interested, and I got the confirmation email from HR that they received my application (but you dont know if they forward everyones applications on), but haven't received an "Im sorry" email or a call for an interview either yet. So I dont know. You never know how many people applied. I dont want to wait to its too late though so Im stuck on what to do. Thanks! My computers acting up I have to see if I can even print my resume out. P.S. I really think I would like this job!

Re: Would like your input ASAPabout calling manager question

What commitment did you make to your current manager?

It wouldn't hurt to ask the manager, let them know you are looking at the position. See if they have a time table for filling it.

You have been in the unit clerk position for a relatively short time. The manager may be looking at that and thinking, how long would you stick with their job.

Some times these things take time. Our last MA position was open for several months. They said it was filled quickly, even though we felt really shorthanded.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

I feel like I need to do something for me for once. I didnt plan anything this way, but I need a full time job. I have kept another job for four years while in school..its just I need something permanent. So its not like I cant keep a job. Would you say I should call then? I just dont know exactly what to say though. I know you said time for filling it but, anything else?

So I left a voice mail. See what happens.

Hi Christina, I would not call the manager, let her call you! It seems like you're never happy, no matter what you're doing. If you keep job hopping around the hospital there, you'll work yourself out of a job. Hiring Manager's like to see a future employee have a few years experience with one job. Like the person above said, you keep moving around like that...nobody will want to hire you. By the way, it's good to see you on here again. Take care...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes