This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is CMA pay good in Texas?

I am going to school to be a CMA and i really dont have any clue how the pay is. I am a single mom and really hope i am going to get a degree in a feild that will help me with money.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: Is CMA pay good in Texas?

It varies, as does availability of jobs.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Re: Is CMA pay good in Texas?

You said you are training to become a medical assistant, but you also mention CMA and degree. Don't get these things mixed up. It is my guess that you are enrolled in a formal medical assistant training program which upon graduation allows you to (voluntarily!) sit for the Certified Medical Assistant exam from AAMA (to earn your CMA credential). Mind you, none of this adds up to a degree, where a medical assistant associate degree takes 2 years of college. Nevertheless, regarding your question, if you are in Houston, TX then I have noticed many job offers from their large down town medical centers such as Baylor. As far as income, this is negotiated between your employer and you. The income for a medical assistant with a diploma vs. a degree usually does not make much of a difference in this profession, but Baylor is specifically asking for CERTIFIED medical assistants in their job ads. It sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: WEbsite Owner/Forum Admin