This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMA right move?

Right now I am a CNA and I am considering going back to earn my CMA but I wanted to first make sure it is the right move before I spend the money I don't really have. I really wanted to earn my RN but it is a 1 to 2 year waiting period to even apply for the program and at 40 years old I feel time is running out. So I heard about Ross Medical and stopped in to talk to the admissions department to see what it is all about. I like the fact that I will be finish with the training in 7 months, is this normal, is this a good school. Also Ross advised me that CMA's are replacing LPN's is this true. How easy is it to find a CMA position that pays my worth? I would appreciate any advice.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: HHA, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: CMA right move?

Hi there, They lied to you. There are jobs out there, and there are more Medical Assistants out there, than there are jobs. No they are replacing LPN's with MA's. That story has floating for years. There is nothing with being a Medical Assistant, it's a great field to get into. I'm not trying to confuse you, I just wanted to be up front with you. The thing they don't tell you is you'll have to work as twice as hard to get your foot in the door. You must never give up. Merry Christmas.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: CMA right move?

Thank you for the reply I do appreciate the honesty. I really want to be an RN but I didn't realize the wait would be so long to just get into the program. I think I will continue looking for a CNA job while deciding what route to take. Again thank you for the advice.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: HHA, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no