This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Freaked out

Do people ever freak you out?

There was a lady I was checking in today, she had colored contact lenses. I know her well, as a pt., but it really sent me for a loop. For some reason it really caused me to step back.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Re: Freaked out

LOL, that was funny, Jefff. I once bumped into a young woman in the grocery checkout line who had green cat-eye contact lenses, and I too, took a double-take. Jefff, I don't know what to tell you, except "LOL".

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

I had a pt today that was mentally and physically disabled. Normally, this does not phase me, but he kept charging me, clicking his teeth and growling. I was afraid a few times he was trying to bite me! That kind of had me on edge. But it was a small room and I was a new face, so no harm done, I guess.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Hi, That will happen from time to time. Not everybody is the perfect patient. When you get a patient like that in the future,, have someone with you in the exam room, so you'll havea witness in case something happens to you. You'll need to document it as well and inform the provider about this patient's behavior lThat way you'll be covered.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Matt in Layton
Hi, That will happen from time to time. Not everybody is the perfect patient. When you get a patient like that in the future,, have someone with you in the exam room, so you'll havea witness in case something happens to you. You'll need to document it as well and inform the provider about this patient's behavior lThat way you'll be covered.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH MATT... NO NEED TO ADD ANYTHING ELSE. Thank you, Matt.

... unless someone wants to comment further.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin