This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FRUSTRATING..What should I do??

Hello everyone!

I am so frustrated. I love the medical field and I know that I want to be an RN, that is my goal. But I finished the medical assisting program in 2010. The school I attended had a wonderful teacher. She has her BA in nursing and she used to be a flight nurse.(She she definetly pushed us as far as we could go as MAs)

This is what I'm frustrated about..my teacher ended up leaving and I graduated right when she left..well the school gave me a certificate that says I finished the program, but the certificates for each subject(back office, front office, phlebotomy, etc.) I did not receive. I did learn all of these things, including EKGs, but how do I prove it if the school does not give me certificates like I am supposed to receive??? I am so frustrated with this, it feels as though all my hard work has gone to waste, especially when most employers want you to prove this when hiring you. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: FRUSTRATING..What should I do??

Sorry this reply is so late, but I have not been reading the forums for awhile.

Ask the school for a transcript of the classes you completed. If the class is on your transcript, then you should get a credential for it.

Depending on the state you are in, you may need to sit for a separate certification test.

I have never heard of a certificate for each separate course ("back office", for instance, could be comprised of more than one class).

Also, do you have a "report card" for the classes? You should take this to the registrar of your school to show that you have completed these classes.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA(AMT), CMA(AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: FRUSTRATING..What should I do??

Hi there, You don't need to have certifications for all these classes you've taken already. It will be on your school transcripts, and your Diploma or Associates Degree, and Medical Assisting Certification, your CPR card that is current. That's all you need in most states.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.