This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rma scoreing

please help i need to know how many questions you need to get right to pass the rma...i understand you need a 70 to pass but i have called the amt and they told me each question is worth 1-2 points so does that mean i only need to get atleast 70 questions right to pass?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant certificate

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: rma scoreing

Why just settle for 70%? You go for the highest score you can. Don't sell yourself short. Always strive for more than second best. Be the Best of the best...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

i just want to know how its scored because i was also told that you could fail a whole section and still pass

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant certificate

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Hi there, I don't know what your test will be like, but I remember when I took mine it was all multiple choice. It was a 3 hour test and I was done in 1 hour and 16 minutes. I studied for 30 days straight, over and over. I had a practice guide and all my notes, and I cleared my mind and became one with my notes and all that I learned in the classroom, and in my books. I lived it, breathed it, and I saw myself as a working Medical Assistant already. It doesn't work for everybody. I know that every answer that you get right on your test counts as two points towards your final score. The test will cover all that you should have learned in the classroom. It is then broken down on that part. May I suggest that when you do go to take your test that you go in and remain calm, and don't be afraid of the test. Read each question carefully and look at all the answers & see witch one would fit in the blank space. Study hard, and study with a friend. It will go along way. I hoped that helped and good luck with your test.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.