This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEDICAL ASSISANT EXAM

I JUST TOOK THE CLINICAL PART OF THE EXAM AND MOST OF THE QUESTION ON THIS EXAM WAS ABOUT EKG SOMETHING WE DID NOT DO IN OUR CLASSES.SO I WAS VERY DUMB FOUND WHEN I HAD TO ANSWER A LOT (A LOT)OF QUESTION ABOUT AN EKG.I FELT CHEATED AND MISS GUIDED.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: STUDENT

Are You Still In School? YES

Are You Working? YES

Re: MEDICAL ASSISANT EXAM

Are you refering to an exam for certification?

What organization did you test with?

No organization that I am familiar with gives separate tests for clinical and administrative.

If you did not receive EKG training in class, you were certainly cheated (by the school).

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA(AMT), CMA(AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: MEDICAL ASSISANT EXAM

I want to briefly add that recently there have indeed been new certification bodies created--yes, someone, usually within a group of people, typically subject matter experts and an advisory board, can literally decide that they want to issue credentials for medical assistants, found a professional membership organization, either physically, or online, create their certification exam tests, study material, and matching CEU courses and then recruit members to issue their so-called "specialty certification exams" for a fee. I know of a few in particular who have done this, and if anyone is interested who they are, I will be more than happy to post a couple names and website addresses. Yes, this is what happens when a profession remains so loosely regulated. My best advice, if you are looking for a job, is to take the certification exams that employers in your area are looking for and recognize. Then, when you are more seasoned and experienced and you feel so inclined, for your own satisfaction, and to boost your resume, THEN you can consider taking on some additional specialty certification exams, or earn limited licenses that will boost your career, such as in EKG, limited x-ray, or IV therapy. That's my best advice.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin