This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
refresher courses/videos

Anyone have any good clinicalskill videos or if there are refresher courses out there? I live around Buffalo,ny. I graduated dec 2010 and never received proper training I feel.

Re: refresher courses/videos

Hi there, Long time no hear! How are you doing? Are you still working at the Hospital? If you're looking for stuff to help refresh your mind, you tube has some great stuff to watch on any Medical Assisting items you might be lacking in. There is also all kinds of information on the internet as well. I hope that helped. Take care...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: refresher courses/videos

Yes I am at the hospital still (for now?!) It will be a year the end of next month. I have been looking on the website though for full time job openings. Unfortunately, the hr people arent always the easiest people to get a hold of (some of them arent very helpful either). I wish I would of got a call about an union position full time in an obgyn office.I kept on checking the status and kept hearing nothing was going on then all of a sudden its down and was told they probably hired someone. Then I applied for this full time (non-union) full time ma position. I did interview with this manager b4 for a part time position shortly after graduating...I dont think they hired anyone right away (probably hired someone with more experience). However, she did email me back and have to let her know when I am available next week yikes!Would feel more confident if I got more experience with vitals etc in school. Maybe Ill try to practice with my cuff I always feel like I do it akward though (cant always hear it). Just wish it was union (Im not sure how that works how they decide what facilities are union or not. The pay starting would be 13.42 (I make 14.29 now...after a year would be 14.70). I couldnt get a deff answer if I would possibly be started out higher since Ive been with Catholic Health (even though this other place isnt union). Hr said the manager should base it on what they think your experience is. I mean I am not guaranteed this job, but who knows when the next full time opening will be within the Catholic Health system. I mean this place might not be the best to work for but idk...