This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frustrated; Help!

I have moved to Lancaster, Ca. 9 months ago from IN. where I graduated with my MA in July; I'm still looking for a job as a Medical Assistant which is rather hard if you don't know anyone who knows someone to get your foot in... Getting a job on my own is rather considering most placces are taking graduates from surrounding schools and placing them at entry level; So if you know anyone in my area please help!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO

Re: Frustrated; Help!

Sorry this reply is so late. I haven't been on the forums for awhile. I hope by now that you have already found a job. The job climate in CA is not so good right now.

Three suggestions:
1. Look or ask, for a volunteer position. You just might get lucky and find some real work. Contact the local health department to see if there are any "free clinic" for indigent or low-income persons in your area.
2. In addition to physician offices, try blood banks, remote blood draw sites, chiropractors, walk-in clinics.
3. Log onto the website of AMT,AAMA, AAMP and see if there is a local chapter in your area that may be a good source of networking.

GOOD LUCK in your search!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA(AMT), CMA(AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Frustrated; Help!

Hi there, I like the answers you've been giving to all the future and current MA's on this forum. Your input is really helpful to these MA's. Again thank you for your input. Have a great day...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.