This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what to expect during externship

I am starting my externship next Wednesday and I was wondering if you can tell me what to expect. I will be in a digestive health setting. Once you complete your externship, do they offer you a job? Could anyone just tell me what it will be like and offer any advice. Thank you so much.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: what to expect during externship

There were no openings at my externship site, you are there to help and learn. If you get references, job offers or friends that is a bonus. Someone here once said, "the longest job interview you will ever have" and that is the truth. For me it was just more networking. Yep, they are good folks there.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Re: what to expect during externship

Thanks Jefff for your information. I guess I am a box of nerves not know what to expect. Thank you again.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no