This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just a quick question

I was wondering when you pass your national exam, how many years is it good for? In school our book said that it was good for 5 years and the teacher did too. Today I found out that I passed the national exam, so I printed out the temporary cert and it says it is good for 2 years. Silly question, just wondering. Thanks.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: Just a quick question

Which professional organization did you take your exam with? AAMA and AMT both require you to have continuing education classes YEARLY if you want to keep your certification current. Also, with both AMT and AAMA your certification DOES NOT expire unless you fail to get the proper continuing education classes.

Again, I ask: What organization did you test with????

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA(AMT), CMA(AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes