This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nurses treating us as their personal slaves

We recently went to a new team approach with the provider having an RN and an ma. The ma is to room the patient, get vitals, do the blood draws, do the EKG,do the immunizations, keep the rooms stocked and the RN is to do patient call backs, give lab results and medication refills. The # 1 reason providers run behind is due to all the extras such as immunizations and then the RN tells our supervisor we are not fast enough rooming the patients.they call us their assistants and have us help them with their phone calls and faxing. Before we went to this approach we all got along and did our jobs,but since this has been implemented we now have hurt feelings and a division of RN against ma can we do anything about this? I have already talked to our HR person and our Chief operations manager with no results

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Nurses treating us as their personal slaves

Karen
Before we went to this approach we all got along and did our jobs,but since this has been implemented we now have hurt feelings and a division of RN against ma can we do anything about this?

What approach did they use before? Why did they change it?

Because RN case manager and Quality Control Officer(RN) decided to use this team approach. I have worked this team approach before and it worked but the way the nurses here are using it is not as a team

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Where I'm doing my extern we are doing all of those things ourselves anyway, haha. There are only three nurses, and 6 MAs, and the nurses see their own pts that schdule nursing visits. They also triage pts.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes