This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trying to find full time job

I received my first degree for Orthopedic Technologist here in Huntsville AL, they do not advertise here much. Only word of mouth, so I went for Medical Assistant to market myself. It's still difficult to get hired, it seem they all want experienced M.A's how are you going to get the experience needed if you can't start somewhere.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A. / Ortho Tech

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? PRN

Re: Trying to find full time job

Ortho Tech is pretty specific. MA is much broader. If you don't have a pretty good idea of where you want to work when you start you stand the chance of not coming out on top after all that training.

With all your training you have the opportunity to really provide added value to where ever you work.

Now you are going to need to get your foot in a door that is harder. There are many posts here that echo what you have said, it is a pretty common theme.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep