This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Herzing Univ students here?

I am currently in their MA program and wondering if anyone else here is.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? not as an MA

Re: Any Herzing Univ students here?

After working for 30 years in the Medical field as an EMT, Paramedic(BLS, ALS,PALS certifed) and a Medical Assistant I decided to go to school to get that piece of paper that said I was a graduate of a Medical Assisting School.

I graduated from Herzing University in December 2010. The school is a for profit school and their bottom line is making money. They are all nice and smiles until you actually start taking classes. I found that I was more qualified than most of the instructors in the classes I took. It was discouraging to find students who copied your work and other problems.

The only good thing that came out of my experience was that I graduated with Honors, Dean's List entire two years, and I was able to sit for and take the AAMA certification test. I would suggest doing your homework when it comes to for profit schools because most are diploma mills who just want to get you in and out. I am glad I took the AAMA certification but regret that I spent the money to go to Herzing when other schools would have been so much better.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? Yes, Pursing Bachelors Degree

Are You Working? No