This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RMA test...How hard is it?

I knw that the 3 main parts of the RMA are the General, Administrative and Clinical. Overall its 210 questions on the exam. I want to knw is the exam as difficult as people say it is because everyone that I knw that has taken the exam says I need to focus on the insurance part because its a lot of questions on the test based on it. They say pay attention to suffixes, medical terminology and order of blood draws. I need to know is there some type of study guide for me to study because I really want to ace this exam with flyin colors. I have my text books but who is really going to sit and read over 1000 or more pages?!! Pls help!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Suzy,

I was wondering if I could have a copy of the book as well. I am not registered and been an MA for 15yrs and want to take the test. Need to refresh everything. I would appreciate it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

This book can be found on Elseviers website:
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/homepage.cws_home

On the left click on "Browse by Subject"...Health Sciences." Then click on "Health Professions" in the Choose Subject Area. From here you can click on the first letter of the books title (in this case "S") and it will bring up the books information and how to order it.

SAUNDERS MEDICAL ASSISTING EXAM REVIEW
By Deborah Holmes and Joanna Bligh
ISBN: 0-7216-9566-3

It's $38.95
In Feb 2007, the 2nd edition of this book will be coming out.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSE; RMA(AMT)

Well I finally did it!! I passed! I passed!!

I finally stopped procrastinating and just took the dang test. I mean I finished my externship in June, and have been working ever since! But it was so easy to say that I don't have time to take it and put it off.

But whew!! I took it today on the computer down in Pueblo, and passed! I got a 99%. I don't know how the thing is scored, I wish I could have seen how many and which ones I got wrong, but who cares, I passed!!!!

So can I call myself a RMA now or do I need to wait for paperwork in the mail?? Kinda need to know for work...ie how I sign stuff MA vs RMA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Working? yes

Congratulations on a job well done!!

There are 200 items on the AMT test, so your score of 99% means you missed 2 questions. Hey, that's really good!!

You will receive a certificate in the mail from AMT. You will sign as Your Name, RMA.

You are fully CERTIFIED!!! Great Job!!!

Thank you so much! No one was more amazed at that 99 than me! I thought I missed many more than that. I just glad to be done with it. I put it off for so long. Does passing come with a membership to AMT, or do I need to join to keep up with my credits? We are going to be at Disney World this July and I noticed that the AMT convention is being held at Disney this year at the same time I'll be there.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Working? yes

help me become rma

WHERE DO I TAKE THIS TEST HELP PLEASE

Your Professional Title/Credentials: cma

Are You Working? yes

You need to contact AMT first. Their website is http://www.amt1.com. You also need to contact your school for certain papers to be signed off on.
The exams are done on computers at certain centers. You will get papers in the mail telling you where to go.
Some schools will have the test,on paper, at their sites but it's up to them to get the ball rolling on that. All they need is an RMA proctor.

thanks for the reply, hey but i graduated 2004 from olympia i will have to contact them? and by the way we are talking about the same test registered medical assistant right?i appreciate ur help

Are You Working? yes

help

what do u mean by "back at amt"?anyone help me get more info on rma test

Are You Working? yes