This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
needing advice bad

I graduated from an online medical assisting program which means no physical experience. I have my certificate for it. I have applied to a lot of hospitals and i got denied. Anyone have any suggestions on where to apply? I live in Virginia. My goal is to work in pediatrics.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: graduate

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: needing advice bad

braea
I graduated from an online medical assisting program which means no physical experience. I have my certificate for it. I have applied to a lot of hospitals and i got denied. Anyone have any suggestions on where to apply? I live in Virginia. My goal is to work in pediatrics.

Ouch, this is tough!!! I, and many others here have always warned to proceed with caution when it comes to STRICTLY online courses. Some online courses are provided by known colleges (so they are at least recognized by potential employers) and some of those reqire at least some sort of practicum or internship/externship since medical assisting, in essence is a very hands on occupation with focus on people--which is lacking in an online course. You will have to find a doctor who is willing to give you a chance, perhaps starting in a front desk/clerical position.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: needing advice bad

Thanks i been trying but i think my best option is to do a cna course where i live and then find a job. It is different but this will at least get my foot in the door

Your Professional Title/Credentials: graduate

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes