This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pregnancy while in the MA program

My fiancé and I are getting married in March. I am currently in the MA program, I graduate March of 2014. We are wanting to start our family, soon after the wedding. However, we will wait enough so I can finish the program before the baby arrives. I am just worried that being pregnant could cause issues during clinicals? Due to the fact of drawing eachother's blood and practicing shots etc. A lot of people have told me its not a big deal, but wondering what other opinions are. Thanks!

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: Pregnancy while in the MA program

Two of my classmates had kids while in the program.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? Nope

Are You Working? Yep

Re: Pregnancy while in the MA program

Hi farmerswife.

I was in CMA class w/a girl who had a baby 5 days before our final exams. She was able to come back and take them on time(written & practical), but she's gonna have to wait to do her externship. She said she's not gonna start that until the end of March. She's really bummed/concerned about that, bc she's scared she's gonna forget how to do the skills we practiced in class.

Best of luck to you!

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO