This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Got a new job & co-workers (fellow MA's) are mean to me

I recently quit my first CMA job in December of 2014 for the same reasons you mentioned. I was hired at a family practice straight out of school and I had continual problems with the entire office. They were rude, condescending, and unwilling to help me learn anything. I was seriously re-thinking my career choice when I found out about another job opportunity through a friend. I got the new job, and I couldn't be more happy. The 10 months I spent at the first job helped me, even though I was miserable the whole time I worked there. I learned that not all offices are good places to work for someone straight out of school. But, working at a bad office will make you appreciate a different office once you're able to move on.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No - graduated in Nov. 2013

Are You Working? Yes