This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CERTIFICATION EXAM

Samantha Guesby
you can call the AMT and order a studying guide the # is 847-823-5169..Good luck
hi my name is Maria I would like to know what shoul I study because I need to take the ncctest again this is my third time and I'm super nervous I don't know what to study know and I really want to pass this test please help me what can I do to pass😪

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Re: please READ CERTIFICATION EXAM

Hi, I posted about this topic before and saw someone else was asking about it to. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET a practice exam for the AAMA EXAM?! How was it if you took it? Are they supposed to send you one? Im supposed to takae it February 8th!? Still in school and my second part of my externship is stressing me out (the person I train with).

I'm a EMT working in a ER for the past 8 years. I
Have been allowed to sit for the test without taking the MA class. I'm unsure what the scope of practice is and would like any information out there regarding practice tests.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: EMT / ER PCT

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yas

LISE
HELLO TO ALL I WAS WONDERING IF ALL THE PRACTICE TEST THAT I HAVE PURCHASED DOES IT CORRELATES WITH AMT EXAM AND WHERE CAN I GET AN AMT PRACTICE EXAM.

It has been brought to my attention that there are people asking for and others offering to send out copies of certification practice exams. We do not agree with people taking this route here in our forums and will not allow these requests, or offers.

Those who want a copy of any materials from AAMA, NHA, AMT should contact the certification sponsor directly either by phone or email. We have no control over what people are offering, and what they will receive when they request study guides from strangers. We don't know whether this is legal or illegal, but we certainly feel that it is not right. You are giving out your name and email to someone you don't know. And you do not have any way to verify that what you receive is the right information you seek. If you need to contact the AMT all information can be found on their website at http://www.amt1.com (copy link!).

We will delete all and any posts related to requests for specific practice tests and will not tolerate any offers of materials on this forum. No exceptions.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

We had copies of the official RMA Preview Exam handed out to us in my class in 2005. This is the one that costs almost $20 if requested to AMT. I took the time a few years back to copy it onto my computer, and I copied it very carefully, and since then I have mailed it out to countless people. This was just to help them and save them a few dollars. Most people taking the test are very nervous and I try to assure them the actual test is not that difficult and that some of the preview questions WERE on the actual test, at least when I took it they were.
Maybe it wasn't "legal" to do what I did but I did NOT post the entire test on this site, but just offered it for FREE to anyone who wanted it. Going through an MA program and taking the certifying test costs enough. I was just trying to be helpful.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Linda, I am sure you had nothing but the best intentions, no doubt. I do not know any exact details, nor have ever seen what was copied or emailed and not being a lawyer I really don't know whether it infringed on anyone's rights; however as the forum admin I have to think of everybody who comes to the forum and there are certain things that I'd rather steer clear of. Giving advice and speaking about your own experiences publicly here in the forums is one thing. Using this forum to solicit email contacts and promising to send people unapproved printed materials is one of them. While we do not care what you do on your own time and what you give and share with others on your own time, we don't want this forum to be used as a springboard for activities that we have no control over. I am sure you understand.

There is nothing wrong with asking information about the national or state exam! We are all hear to help each other!

I know by looking at my book that its not going to help me pass the national or state exam.

I have contacted the national office as well as the state office and paid for there version of the practice exam.

One thing I have learned from being a good EMT is that we are all hear to help each other be the best we can be.

I know I want to hear from anyone that has just taken the NATIONAL OR STATE EXAMS how they did! Lets hear from everyone ! No need to keep things to themselves!

I know for the EMT national test NREMT the test stops at 70 questions if you passed. What is the MA test like? So far since starting class it seems like MA training is below the curve as far as training goes?

Just so we are clear I believe EMT is below MA so I expect alot more from MA school! Not happening so far. I am in a great training program as well. so thats not a excuse.

So far the MA program seems to be outdated as far as study material goes and the test taking system unless they use the JB LEARNING online. Any suggestions out there? Would love to hear about some better test prep programs out there?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: EMT

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

I agree with Fresh, otherwise, what good would this entire forum be? It costs me a lot of money and effort just to keep it up and running and as stated near the very top, its purpose is to reach out, help and share ideas.

To clear up and avoid any possible misunderstandings: by all means, everybody please feel free to talk, discuss, review, share tips, and rant and rave about any and all medical assisting and related certification exams. Chat away about how many questions there were, what you liked, what general topics were quizzed, what was easy, what was challenging, etc, etc, etc.

What I will not tolerate is when somebody spams this forum with unapproved advertising and links, makse false promises, swears, slanders, gossips, uses foul language and any activities that might violate 3rd parties rights, such as trademarks and copyrights. As a web developer, forum admin and creative writer I have an interest and obligation to uphold and insist on certain rules and these happen to be mine. Very few will be ever affected... over all this forum is open to everybody and anyone and so far it has worked out wonderful.

Hi,
I just took the RMA exam today, and I have to tell you that from the 206 Q none of them were in the AMT study book. I passed the test so I feel very lucky, it was very difficult. I was very disapointed because I felt the RMA test was not fare, they focused too much on the administrative area and I felt like it has nothing to do with the MA profession.

can you email me at qarmour83@gmail.com so i can ask you more questions about the test thak u so much

Are You Still In School? YES BUT NOT FOR MA

Are You Working? YES

Re: CERTIFICATION EXAM I need a study guide can anyone help me

LISE
HELLO TO ALL I WAS WONDERING IF ALL THE PRACTICE TEST THAT I HAVE PURCHASED DOES IT CORRELATES WITH AMT EXAM AND WHERE CAN I GET AN AMT PRACTICE EXAM.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student MA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

you can buy the practice exam from AMT i must admit it did help me out but I also brought a book that was used from amazon for 19 bucks it is called the CMA/RMA review the newest edition and that really helps but i can tell you it also depends on what test you take i took mines through AMT it is about 200 questions and you have 2 hrs to take when i got there i was so nervous but once you calm down and relax you should pass i will admit i had some problems with because of who my teacher was but i did past the test and im proud to be a RMA through AMT.

Are You Working? YES

Quinn
you can buy the practice exam from AMT i must admit it did help me out but I also brought a book that was used from amazon for 19 bucks it is called the CMA/RMA review the newest edition and that really helps but i can tell you it also depends on what test you take i took mines through AMT it is about 200 questions and you have 2 hrs to take when i got there i was so nervous but once you calm down and relax you should pass i will admit i had some problems with because of who my teacher was but i did past the test and im proud to be a RMA through AMT.

can you please give me the web site so I can buy the book. I will take the test within 2 months.
thanks

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

You can go to American Medical Technology or yougo to Amazon.com

Are You Working? YES

PLEASE SEND ME WEBSITES,titles of books,info to help me prepare for the amt rma exam. I will attempt the exam in 13 days.. ANy help would be appreciated.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/CMA/MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Can I please have the copy for MA test ?

Thank you

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes