This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lack of Experience

Hello, my name is Leisha and im a registered medical assistant.I attended Sanz School in Washington, DC and completed my externship successfully. However, I have one problem, my externship was not hiring because it was a very small practice, so i have a lack of on site experience. I am very, very confident in my skills and abilities, but employers constantly overlook my resume because I dont have the required 1-2 years experience. I am very frustrated because if no one will give me a change to prove myself, how can I get experience? I have even gone as far as to ask for another externship. Will some one please give me some advice so that I dont feel like my time and money was wasted. Thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: thatsjustme19,2

Are You Still In School? Registered Medical Assistant

Re: Lack of Experience

Well... i can understand the frustration... I would get an appointment with a superindentant or human resource manager or even nurse supervisor. Tell them what you offer their faciltiy and how great of an asset you will be. Find out what they are looking for and if there can be exceptions. try to even offer your service by volunteering. may possibilities out there you just need to utilize them and not give up like I did!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ,3

Are You Still In School? medical assistant

Re: Lack of Experience

I CAN'T SAY THAT I FEEL YOUR PAIN, BECAUSE I DON'T BUT YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO SELL YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE FIRST THING WE LEARNED IN CLASS. YOUR EXPERIENCE IS YOUR EXTERN SITE. TELL THE EMPLOYER ALL THE THINGS THAT LEARNED IN SCHOOL AND ON THE SITE TELL THEM ABOUT THE HANDS ON PHLEBOTOMY WORK THAT YOU HAVE,THE HANDS ON EXSPERIENCE THAT YOU HAVE WITH PTS. ALSO LET THEM KNOW WHATEVER YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOU WOULD BE GLAD TO DO SO. SELL YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

Are You Still In School? RMA