This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accreditation

Hello : )

I've been trying to get as much information about a few schools in my area (Columbus, OH) to work towards becoming a certified MA. I have appoitments with two different schools, one being Technology Education College. I was having a hard time finding out if they are going to be able to lead me towards what I need. The only accreditations I see on the website that seem to qualify are with
National Association for Health Professionals
and
American Registry of Medical Assistants

On the program information page though, they list that you can sit for the Certified Medical Assistant Examination, but nowhere can I find anything about the AAMA or the AMT. does this seem okay? I may be mising the information that is sitting right in front of my face- but with all of the stuff you need to know to pick a good school, I am getting so confused!
Any information or hints would be great! Thanks so much, Kelly.
Oh, and here is the website for the school, if anyone wanted to take a peek and help me out

http://www.teccollege.com/medical_assisting.html
http://www.teccollege.com/accreditations.html

Re: Accreditation

The only schools who can say you can sit for the AAMA national CMA examination are schools that are accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP. Any other school will allow you to sit for an examination that is NOT recognized by the AAMA or the American Medical Association. Hope this helps. Karrie

Are You Still In School? CMA, RMA