This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Graduate of 1994 Medical Assisting Class want to get Certified!

Hello Everyone. I was wondering for lack of looking the past 3 hours if anyone knew of a way I could get Certified as a MA after so long being out of school (1994)? I have 972 Hours with a Certificate of Applied Studys from a Vocational Center here in Beckley WV. I am now enrolled in phlebotomy where I will get my certification in May. I was a Military Wife so we moved to many area's were MA's weren't a "thing" yet. So I volunteered a little and then gave up on the Certification. I want to get into the medical field again and refresh my MA skills but hate to think I need to take that 2 year course again if I don't have to. HELP. Having 2 kids now doesn't help so any time I can spare would be great!

Are You Still In School? Certificate for Medical Assisting/Student Phlebotomy

Re: Graduate of 1994 Medical Assisting Class want to get Certified!

Well, in this case you should go here and requiest the NHA's and the AMT's career and certification information kit. The information kit is free, and will be sent to you by mail. By requesting BOTH information kits, you get a great way to learn and compare your options!

Good luck.

Danni R.
AdvancedMedicalAssistant.com

Are You Still In School? Website Owner / Admin

Re: Re: Graduate of 1994 Medical Assisting Class want to get Certified!

Found out today from AMT that they will allow me to get certified after working for 5 years as a MA. WV where I live doesn't require certification to work as a MA. I am currently in phlebotomy class and hope that will help in my employment endevor. I do think I will take some CEU's to get a refresh since working in the field I haven't done in 12 years. I do have secretarial experience, 11 years of that, I was a Elementary School Secretary. I just want to get into the Medical Field again. What do you think of CEU4U.COM for CEU's? Anyone ever try that out? I don't need Certification to take their CEU's. Thanks for the imput! Jaime

Are You Still In School? Certificate for Medical Assisting/Student Phlebotomy

Re: Graduate of 1994 Medical Assisting Class want to get Certified!

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO AMT WEBSITE. THEY HAVE CEU'S AVAILABLE FOR $6 A CLASS FOR NON MEMBERS AND $3 A CLASS FOR MEMBERS. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS TO BECOME A MEMBER BUT THAT IS NOT BAD AND YOU CAN TRUST THEM.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes