This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rma exam

I'm a medical assistant and I will be taking the rma exam next month on the 9th.I'm freaking out with fearing of failure.I would just like to know as much as possiable about the exam.I've purchased a study
book and I've been studying like crazy.any who
if anyone has nay advice or would like to share there
exam experince I would really really apprecite it.
one of my questions is how in depth are the questions
on anatomy and physiology and the skeletal system?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Mischievious20@msn.com,3

Are You Still In School? Medical assistant

Re: Rma exam

I took the RMA exam, and found that it was rather easy. I purchased a study guide, and also used my notes from school to supplement. I scored a 99%.
As far as my experience goes, my exam focused ALOT on lab, anatomy, and surgical assisting.
Some of the questions were:

-order of draw
-what tubes are used for specific tests
-how many bones/muscles in the human body, diagrams of bones (asking you to indicate the name of a specific part of the bone--e.g. "where is the olecronon process of the humerus?")
-diagrams of surgical instruments ("which is the sponge forcept?"), sterile field questions

Study your A&P, most commoonly prescribed meds, surgical assisting and lab notes...and you'll be fine.
What book are you using, by the way?
I bought J.P. Cody's 'Review for CMA and RMA Exams'.
It came with software for practice testing. The questions on the practice test were very similar to the actual RMA (it even comes with the same scoring method used for the exams...and gives you insight into what your strengths and weaknesses are).

Hope this helps

James

Are You Still In School? RMA/BMO

Re: Re: Rma exam

Wow Thankyou James your info will really
come in handy for me.I kind of just wanted a general
idea of what to expect.Most people were saying it was pretty easy compared to the Cma exam.I just wanted a general idea and you gave that to me so Thanks.
To answer your question I purchased a Q&A book for Cma's and RMA by Tom Palko and Hilda Polka it's the seventh edition by Pearson Prentice Hall.It's a really good book it also came with a c.d and pratice sheets to take the test.I also purchased there Study guide from AMT.I always get really nerves when I take test.I usually do good though.

Thanks again

Your Professional Title/Credentials: mischievious20@msn.com

Are You Still In School? medical assistant

Re: Re: Re: Rma exam

Lisa, you think you are freaking out---you should see me. I am in my last month of classes and will start my clinicals soon, so I really freaking out about the test. Thanks for asking that question because I had been trying to get a clear answer for months now. My question to is this: where did you get the study guide from? And when you take your test please tell me how it turned out.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Wow Thankyou James your info will really
come in handy for me.I kind of just wanted a general
idea of what to expect.Most people were saying it was pretty easy compared to the Cma exam.I just wanted a general idea and you gave that to me so Thanks.
To answer your question I purchased a Q&A book for Cma's and RMA by Tom Palko and Hilda Polka it's the seventh edition by Pearson Prentice Hall.It's a really good book it also came with a c.d and pratice sheets to take the test.I also purchased there Study guide from AMT.I always get really nerves when I take test.I usually do good though.

Thanks again

Your Professional Title/Credentials: brown_eyes_911@yahoo.com,4

Are You Still In School? medical assistant student

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rma exam

Katrina

I ordered one from AMT for I Think 15.00 dollars.
The other I Bought from Barnes and Nobles for like 49.00 tax included.I will defitnitly let you know how the test went.I too freaked out when it came close to
starting my Externship but it worked out I learned alot and was able to apply almost everything I learned in class to my externship site.I'm just happy someone answered my question about the Test in depth.
I think I said thank you to him like 4 times lol.But that was the first time someone actually said what was on there test.I was thinking to myself did AMT make people sign a confidentality contract or something.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: mischievious20@MSN.COM,3

Are You Still In School? Medical Assitant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rma exam

where did you buy the study guide from? I know you said the AMT---but I need to know where.

Are You Still In School? medical assistant student

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rma exam

Hopefully this link works
click on this link http://www.amt1.com/
then click on Registered Medical Assistant
then it will take you to another page
then click on pratice test form.
It's suppose to be like a study guide that
helps give you a idea of what's going to be on
the test.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: mischievious20@MSN.COM,3

Are You Still In School? Medical Assitant

Re: Re: Rma exam

I am planning to prepare for RMA. I saw these Q&As about RMA test.

You suggested to buy J. P. Cody's Review for CMA and RMA exams'. I searched in the website for this book. I came across 2 books by the same Author. Could you tell me which one of these is the book you are referring to? Do you have the ISBN number by any chance?

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Rajya

Are You Still In School? MA

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rma exam

I took the Rma exam Friday and I passed ,the cool thing about the Rma exam is you get your results the same day.Good luck to you Katrina

Your Professional Title/Credentials: mischievious20@msn.com,3

Are You Still In School? Rma